Photo

Sedgefield Country Club Ross Course DLC!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

1 yard can make a difference in club selection. Pro tip: use a different club.

So what difference in distance do you think 900 ft of elevation leads to?

Here's what some other ignorant souls say:

Titleist: 0.00116%/ft x 900 ft = 1.04%
 Flightscope: 209.8 yards carry for the typical pro 4 iron at sea level, 212 at @ 900 ft = 1.04% increase. PW: 130.8 vs 132.1 = 0.99% increase.

As you must have seen substantially different in game, please show some conclusive test results and report as a bug.

In the game that I have, I allow about 1/4 club for every 1,000 ft. in elevation change. And no, I'm not going to waste time debunking those "stats". I only get to play 2-3 times a week as it is now. I sure wish I had that "perfect" Perfect Golf game that some of you fanboys obviously must have. PG can do no wrong in your eyes. And don't say I'm crying when I point out a flaw in something that I have spent part of my meager income on. That's what forums are for. Kill filter for you.

• Parboy likes this

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#22 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

A small comparison of the free version by cintigolfer and the DLC from PP:

From my experience the PP DLC version runs smoother even though there seem to be a lot more trees etc.

The first image is the DLC version

OGT Tours will be using PP's version for this week's tournament.  Cintigolfer did a good job on Sedgefield but we feel PP's version is better.

#23 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

If I buy this course now will it be converted so that it is available in the next version of the game, or will I have to buy it again?

#24 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

If I buy this course now will it be converted so that it is available in the next version of the game, or will I have to buy it again?

DLC courses will transfer to PG 2 when it becomes available.  Won't have to buy again.

• Jimbo63 and gravedodger like this

#25 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

DLC courses will transfer to PG 2 when it becomes available.  Won't have to buy again.

zmax, I'm not disputing you, but I'm curious how you know this. I don't recall see anything from a developer but I may, of course, be wrong.

Richard

Posted Image

#26 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

zmax, I'm not disputing you, but I'm curious how you know this. I don't recall see anything from a developer but I may, of course, be wrong.

Andrew posted about it in Beta.   I know we're not suppose talk about beta stuff in public but I feel the question needed to be answered promptly.   I'm sure Andrew won't mind it.   I hope not.... :)

• Richard likes this

#27 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

only makes since Richard, why would they sell us courses if at anytime they

could take off with PG2. i don't think these fella's are out to cheat us.

also read in another thread where Mike posted conversions could be done without much

work for the designers to convert their now PG1 courses.

post#319 in this thread. http://www.perfectpa...-update/page-16

• zmax - sim likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#28 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

only makes since Richard, why would they sell us courses if at anytime they

could take off with PG2. i don't think these fella's are out to cheat us.

also read in another thread where Mike posted conversions could be done without much

work for the designers to convert their now PG1 courses.

post#319 in this thread. http://www.perfectpa...-update/page-16

Dave, I never said anyone was out to cheat the community and would never do that. All I wanted to know is how zmax knew about the statement he made. He's answered that question. Let's not make an issue where not exists. I also saw Mike's post regarding conversion of user designed courses.

• Parboy likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#29 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

let it go dave.

just one thing if they was going to sell you a course that would not update with game and 

you had to ask about it, i guess you wouldn't ask because you felt you may get cheated.

accept and move on.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#30 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

just saw some folks playing Eastlake Reflective

im wondering is this a new PP course of an upgrade to the Eastlake we have now?

Klipsch Sound System

#31 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

D,

Quite often some of the Jack Nicklaus Design team play test their designs (even if they are not being made available as DLC as after all, the are a golf course design group). The PP guys also play test WIP courses. and I do know that PP have a broadcast ready version of East Lake,which Andrew also confirmed this year that all broadcast ready courses are also playable. I can only guess that maybe the guys at PP have had the course licensed by the IP owner and are looking to push out a DLC version in time ready for the Tour Championship.

On a slightly different, but related matter, I know some folks query the fact that PP offer DLC versions of courses we already have from the CF community, but that is the lie of the land. PP offered up the CF for the community to design the courses they want to. If this means that PP roll out officially licensed versions of courses that have already been made available for free. Well, punters then have the choice, to either stick with the free download community design or purchase the official course.

• Richard, ✠ davef ✠ and Edwardo like this

#32 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

I think this course was a good job, however I wish some of us could help out in the testing as I did find a few things

Cart paths that should curve, just dropped together, no curve. 2 paths pinched together at the ends basically.

Stakes on bridges and grass on paths.

Mind you I know as much as anyone, you can never be perfect but some of these things should have been caught very easily in testing.

It didn't take me long to spot them. Though not a big deal and they don't interfere with the very good game play.

Just noting.

However, having said that, nice job!

Let me be more clear. These weren't major deals, I think I saw 1 bush on a path front 9 and one stake on a bridge.

And Please, I'm not putting anyone down, it's tough to catch every mistake in an entire course. I was just pointing them out, the path really stuck out though.

Well worth the money! :D

• shimonko likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#33 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Larry,

It's a valid point. I'm sure it was suggested way back when that folks releasing community designed courses from CF have them beta tested, so why not the same process for PP licensed courses? After all we are being asked to pay for them if we want them, so I guess we are expecting a top level release with minimal issues.

Yes, these can be easily fixed by Mike or whoever design the courses for PP, much like the altitude level setting can be. Would it better for all concerned if these had the chance to be identified during a small beta period?

#34 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

Thanks Daz, my friend. Yes, in fact I would love to be able to help test these PG courses out. Although I am not a pin tester or too knowledgeable about the rules of golf but I do love to look for things like I just mentioned. Of course, I can't spot them on my own designs but I can on others. Lol.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#35 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

always up to the designer in question.... I as well found some green smoothing issues and would love the chance to get these corrected before full release. challenge tees and at least 6 pin placements would be something that is often left out...

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#36 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:31 PM

always up to the designer in question.... I as well found some green smoothing issues and would love the chance to get these corrected before full release. challenge tees and at least 6 pin placements would be something that is often left out...

S,

So true. But I guess when folks are actually paying for a CF design, they expect that the extra mile has at least been covered to make sure it is up to standard.

• erwildcat likes this

#37 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

I have walked this course many times and this is a fantastic course for JNPG.  The one thing you find out about Sedgefield when you play it is that its very hilly and a very tough walk as a lot of up and down and #18 is classic example as it plays 500 yards for the Pro's at Par 4 and they hit driver and wedge or 9 iron into the green as its all downhill and for members its a Par 5.  The only thing I wish it had is the Tournament atmosphere with the stands and everything but as for playability its plays wonderful and very real as not many if any straight putts on this course.  Well done and a Top 5 course right off the bat.

#38 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:52 AM

OGT Tours will be using PP's version for this week's tournament.  Cintigolfer did a good job on Sedgefield but we feel PP's version is better.

I would hope that PP's version is better. This was the second course that I built and I did it in three weeks to get it ready for the OGT tournament. :)

#39 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

I would hope that PP's version is better. This was the second course that I built and I did it in three weeks to get it ready for the OGT tournament. :)

Appreciate your efforts Cintigolfer.   Looking forward to Pinehurst #2.  

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users