• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#81 jimvilla

jimvilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:15 PM

Finely figured out how to get the updates. Thanks for all the help...

#82 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

Glad you are awake Ricky, lol.

:D :D :D

That said, would be nice if B9 play has been selected, the card defaults to the correct nine on the card.

Also, re-posting just to re-raise the issue of being able to choose the same player twice on each team. Once a player has been selected for a round, you shouldn't be able to select him again IMO.

;)

O Daz, it feels so good to know that I'm not the only one that has 'brain farts'. :P

Yes, I agree, once a player is chosen, he should no longer be available. That's proof that it's very difficult to 'program' all situations. Geez Louise, who would have thought that one would try to 'play with themselves' on a public golf course. Geez Louise, it ain't right. I tell you, it just ain't right!! :D

• spikel likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#83 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Real life pros use this strategy to 'work the ball' into the wind direction to give them the best margin for error. 

I understand wind and what people do in wind.  But this is a penalty for what isnt a major miss, just a slight miss.  Shouldnt be that big of a penalty.

#84 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

great update and awesome new course, it just gets better and better :)

thanks for all your hard work devs, it's much appreciated.

#85 Ricky Proffer

Ricky Proffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTyler, Texas

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

Glad you are awake Ricky, lol.

:D :D :D

That said, would be nice if B9 play has been selected, the card defaults to the correct nine on the card.

Also, re-posting just to re-raise the issue of being able to choose the same player twice on each team. Once a player has been selected for a round, you shouldn't be able to select him again IMO.

;)

Ha, You just think I was awake!  Only reason I knew is I have done that numerous times and wondered where the heck is my score!

ASUS  G571JY Gaming Laptop

i7-4720HQ 2.59 GHz

GeForce GTX 980M

16 GB RAM

WIndows 10 64 bit

#86 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:19 AM

Ok I finally got to play the new course and update tonight and here is what I see. First the course is just a perfect rendition and is pure eye candy and the look of the ruff is much much better. I played a few holes at Crystal Pines first to see if frame rate was a problem there and all was well. So first off it is a little jumpy but not enough to stop from playing and it is something they will resolve. No problem with game at all as I played the front side and shot 38 using min aids and default settings but really liked the change to the chipping and have heard a lot of complaints but not seeing a problem other than learning new distances and think it is a 100 times better. I didn't see the ball stick to the green and to me it rolled true. Most pro courses will run very firm and fast as that is really how they like it and a 10/7 setup is really not fast to them and they would be closer to the 12/10. To play this game below 10/7 is like you would find at your local municipal course. I play most of my golf in the Myrtle Beach SC area and some in Pinehurst area and we get fast and firm quite a bit and prefer it that way. Tomorrow I am going to try it at a lower level to see if the ball sticks but won't make a habit of it. All telling tho I love the update.

#87 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

Ok I finally got to play the new course and update tonight and here is what I see. First the course is just a perfect rendition and is pure eye candy and the look of the ruff is much much better. I played a few holes at Crystal Pines first to see if frame rate was a problem there and all was well. So first off it is a little jumpy but not enough to stop from playing and it is something they will resolve. No problem with game at all as I played the front side and shot 38 using min aids and default settings but really liked the change to the chipping and have heard a lot of complaints but not seeing a problem other than learning new distances and think it is a 100 times better. I didn't see the ball stick to the green and to me it rolled true. Most pro courses will run very firm and fast as that is really how they like it and a 10/7 setup is really not fast to them and they would be closer to the 12/10. To play this game below 10/7 is like you would find at your local municipal course. I play most of my golf in the Myrtle Beach SC area and some in Pinehurst area and we get fast and firm quite a bit and prefer it that way. Tomorrow I am going to try it at a lower level to see if the ball sticks but won't make a habit of it. All telling tho I love the update.

I was seeing the magnet to the green thing on standard defaults (10/7, I think?)

#88 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

I was seeing the magnet to the green thing on standard defaults (10/7, I think?)

Yea I remember you said that and I wish I could say I saw it but I didnt. There has to be a reason it's happening and let's hope they find it.

#89 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

Haven't played for awhile and got the update today....Wow....the new course looks incredible, kudos to whoever designed it. Best looking course yet. Course Forge should be exciting to try out. I designed for PGA2000 and TW2006-08 and really enjoyed doing it as a hobby. But to see results like the new course today really gets the blood churning to just see what a guy can really do for this game. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the growth of this game.   Thanks!!!

#90 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:23 AM

I thought cam settings were suppose to stay after the latest update.  If I restart the game, they go back to default.  Am I missing a command or setting?

Thanks

#91 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

Yea I remember you said that and I wish I could say I saw it but I didnt. There has to be a reason it's happening and let's hope they find it.

You do realize that when he says "magnet to green", he doesn't mean the ball stops. He means that it doesn't continue with a few more very short bounces. I have seen this magnet effect as well. A bounce or two, then flat on the green for the rest of the roll out. It looks unnatural except on very short chips, IMHO.

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home  (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

#92 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

You do realize that when he says "magnet to green", he doesn't mean the ball stops. He means that it doesn't continue with a few more very short bounces. I have seen this magnet effect as well. A bounce or two, then flat on the green for the rest of the roll out. It looks unnatural except on very short chips, IMHO.

I've seen even worse...literally *zero* bounce.
None. Zip.

Just insta-glued to green.

I will snag a video next time I see it.

#93 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

Yes I realize what he is saying. And yes it is a very little bounce that you see if any on the chip but if you look at a chipping video that is what you want. What is the saying that you want a minimum of air time and a maximum of ground time well that is what we have. The perfect view would be a chip and two short hops but I don't know if you will ever get that in a video game but the physics of how the chip rolls are pretty good right now.

#94 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:06 PM

Yes I realize what he is saying. ....(edited)

Ok...just checking  ;) .

MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

#95 Ricky Proffer

Ricky Proffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTyler, Texas

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

I've seen even worse...literally *zero* bounce.
None. Zip.

Just insta-glued to green.

I will snag a video next time I see it.

After complaining early on after update I am actually seeing ok results on the higher firmness.  It may be that there is 10 settings to firmness and just not enough variations of bounce to fill in all 10 slots.  Not sure what the solution is but after playing more I like the new chip physics and ball roll. 

ASUS  G571JY Gaming Laptop

i7-4720HQ 2.59 GHz

GeForce GTX 980M

16 GB RAM

WIndows 10 64 bit

#96 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

I'll try some other settings.  I'm just ruined by the stuttery follow cam right now.  :-(

#97 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

After complaining early on after update I am actually seeing ok results on the higher firmness.  It may be that there is 10 settings to firmness and just not enough variations of bounce to fill in all 10 slots.  ...(edited)

This is an excellent point. I Hadn't considered that. I do know that I need more practice at the new chipping physics...my chipping SUCKS right now!  :lol:

MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

#98 blueblood1995

blueblood1995

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

Great update guys, I quite like the chipping physics - especially on firm ground - I generally dont play on any firmness setting under 5 so I haven't encountered the "magnet" like sticking.

One major issue that I still really dislike is the ball rolling too far in the rough - doesn't matter what the firmness setting is - a ball simply can not roll through thick grass!!

I have had balls land in the fairway at Sawgrass - then run through the rough all the way into a hazard! ridicilous!

The drag/friction setting in the rough really needs to be increased to make it more sticky!

Remember not all rough is "rough" like on the PGA Tour esp. US Open setup.

Some of our courses in Australia have unkempt grass off the cut fairway surface where a ball can still skip through to reach what we call tea-tree, i.e. dense thick bush where you're luck to find your ball and if you do try getting to it with a club!

Google Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath or Royal Adelaide and you'll see what I mean.

BB

iMac (late 2012)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

27-inch display (2560 x 1440)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048MB

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

#99 blueblood1995

blueblood1995

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:42 AM

Further to comments I guess in this instance they are US courses and so the rough is perhaps a little "forgiving"

iMac (late 2012)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

27-inch display (2560 x 1440)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048MB

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

#100 #GCW

#GCW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Remember not all rough is "rough" like on the PGA Tour esp. US Open setup.

Some of our courses in Australia have unkempt grass off the cut fairway surface where a ball can still skip through to reach what we call tea-tree, i.e. dense thick bush where you're luck to find your ball and if you do try getting to it with a club!

Google Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath or Royal Adelaide and you'll see what I mean.

BB

The rough at Sawgrass is a first cut of rough where you would expect minimal roll (maybe once skip/bounce and snag up), the ball rolls through it like a fairway!

with all due respect mate - your post is very patronizing - you really don't need to explain to me that different courses have different grass! I'm a single digit hcap - not just a keyboard warrior who plays golf video games!

• Tigers Agent likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users