86 replies to this topic

#61 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

Certainly, you can.  I've adjusted a couple of other things just for the heck of it (even though I rarely use them).  Simply add it to your autoexec.cfg file, with the two dashes to start the line.

--game_ms_sens 1.4

--game_ms_puttingsens 1.4

Unfortunately this does not work for me. I have made the autoexec.cfg accordingly but when I log in it does not make the change. The console log shows that the command has been entered (from autoexec) as it shows 'game_ms_sens 1.4' within the console window, but the mouse sensitivity value remains at 1.2

Thanks anyway.

#62 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

sorry about this but I must be a bit thick, hope you can help me ? How do you change all these settings in the console, all I see when I look in there is a space at the top where you can type in your changes. All this seems to do is highlight the existing cam settings etc. and does not change any settings.

#63 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:17 AM

Unfortunately this does not work for me. I have made the autoexec.cfg accordingly but when I log in it does not make the change. The console log shows that the command has been entered (from autoexec) as it shows 'game_ms_sens 1.4' within the console window, but the mouse sensitivity value remains at 1.2

Thanks anyway.

You're right, this doesn't seem to work in the autoexec.cfg file.  Just as a test though, I went to the range and then to console and set game_ms_sens to 1.0.  The change DEFINITELY occurred, as my back swing was much faster than when my usual sensitivity of 2.4 is set.  However, when I checked the game settings, it still displayed 2.4, although it clearly was not.  So, I'm not sure that the console changes necessarily change the display of the settings in the game.  But, the setting in the practice session changed back to what the setting displayed when I exited practice and went back to the main menu.

I conclude that some settings are reset between the game starting (autoexec.cfg) and the round starting (config.cfg??) and then defaults back to (perhaps) a different value when you end the round.  In the console, you may have noticed that it indicates "config file not found" or something similar.  So there might be another file that could impact the changes to the round that you're playing.  (I tried creating a config.cfg in the same folder, but that wasn't found/read either).  Unfortunately, this seems to be a bug with the sensitivity setting that will have to be fixed in the game.  In the meantime, you may need to change that sensitivity for each round - which is a bummer, no doubt! 

(A tip .... just type ms in the console, and then click on the setting you want to change - saves remembering and typing the full string "game_ms_sens")

#64 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

sorry about this but I must be a bit thick, hope you can help me ? How do you change all these settings in the console, all I see when I look in there is a space at the top where you can type in your changes. All this seems to do is highlight the existing cam settings etc. and does not change any settings.

When you type the setting name in that top line (such as "cam_sensY", it will show you the currently set value.  If you want a different value, just type it after the setting name in the line (for instance, "cam_sensY 0.5").  As I mentioned above, if you type part of the name, like "sens", you can click on the setting and then backspace to erase the current value and type a new value.

#65 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:57 AM

When you type the setting name in that top line (such as "cam_sensY", it will show you the currently set value.  If you want a different value, just type it after the setting name in the line (for instance, "cam_sensY 0.5").  As I mentioned above, if you type part of the name, like "sens", you can click on the setting and then backspace to erase the current value and type a new value.

Make sure to hit "enter" after your done typing..

• Armand likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#66 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:51 AM

Yep, you need to hit enter.  Sometimes those 'simple' steps get missed in instructions.  :)

• axe360 likes this

#67 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

Also remember, when you copy the color values then paste them into Notepad, you will see 2 dashes in the beginning, you don't see 2 dashes in the beginning, here in this thread, you only see one dash. When I first tried it, I removed one of the dashes, so it looked exactly as it does here in the thread.. You need both the dashes in the beginning, or it won't work... ;)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#68 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:37 AM

i have fixed my fps in the autoexec too.

You're right, now that I know it can be capped I'm off to fiddle! Thanks for the tip!

I locked mine at 40 and it seems the game is much better now, although I had no performance complaints before. I could set it comfortably to 55 or so but 40 works well, room to spare for those killer fps holes.

Great idea wim1234, this should become a standard troubleshooting procedure when people complain about jerkiness or stuttering click meters. This was standard procedure in Quake games, dunno why I didn't think of it.

#69 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

I locked mine at 40 and it seems the game is much better now, although I had no performance complaints before. I could set it comfortably to 55 or so but 40 works well, room to spare for those killer fps holes.

Great idea wim1234, this should become a standard troubleshooting procedure when people complain about jerkiness or stuttering click meters. This was standard procedure in Quake games, dunno why I didn't think of it.

Hi, can you give some help with this, please? I've created a blank autoexec.cfg file in Notepad, added the line --r_targetFrameRate=40 (nothing else) and saved it to the Config folder. In game, console shows this as being loaded up but my frame rates are not capped at 40 - often showing 50+. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

#70 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:23 PM

Hi, can you give some help with this, please? I've created a blank autoexec.cfg file in Notepad, added the line --r_targetFrameRate=40 (nothing else) and saved it to the Config folder. In game, console shows this as being loaded up but my frame rates are not capped at 40 - often showing 50+. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

I have vsync off, perhaps vsync on overrides this? No idea really, just a guess. Works great for me, no stutters even on the click swing since I turned rendering back on.

Try vsync off in the game's graphic settings.

[edit] Or it could be the notorious autoexec.cfg.txt feature of Windows. I hate Windows default "hide everything" settings. Turn off "Hide File Extensions" in Windows if that's your OS.

Edited by Mulligan, 21 May 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#71 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

[edit] Or it could be the notorious autoexec.cfg.txt feature of Windows. I hate Windows default hide everything settings. Turn off "Hide File Extensions" in Windows if that's your OS.

No, I have file extensions showing, and my file is named autoexec.cfg

#72 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

Changing vsync didn't help either?

Make sure there are no spaces before the dashes too.

#73 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

Changing vsync didn't help either?

Make sure there are no spaces before the dashes too.

Yep, vsync off. No space before dashes.

Attached File  PP autoexec.jpg   12.08KB   1 downloads

#74 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

Try also another command in there, to see if the autoexec workd for you at all, take the file from Mike.

did you put if in the config folder?

#75 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

Stiil curious as to why when config file is loaded works with cam settings but the camra view distance and billboard distance  still reset after each hole....Does any 1 know ?

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#76 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

The settings are not stored, they are everytime read in anew at the start of the program.

Its temporary overriding of settings, just for the duration of that run of the program.

This kinda thing is often used for testing purposes.

#77 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

again  is there any knowledge of why they are resetting after every hole?

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#78 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:12 PM

Try also another command in there, to see if the autoexec workd for you at all, take the file from Mike.

did you put if in the config folder?

Thanks for this suggestion. Yes, when I add the slow cam commands to the autoexec.cfg file I do indeed get the slow cams in game. Console also says these and the frame rate have loaded up. When I am in set up screens, FPS is certainly limited to 40, but soon as I select a course and start a round, FPS is not limited. I notice then in console, an error message: "Could not find config file (sceneload)" yet I do have the slow cam, just not the capped FPS. Most odd.

#79 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

ATI or Nvidia?

I know nothing more than it works here, perhaps we can look at hardware/drivers. Nvidia 750Ti here.

#80 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

ATI or Nvidia?

I know nothing more than it works here, perhaps we can look at hardware/drivers. Nvidia 750Ti here.

Nvidia 760. Really puzzled why that "Could not find config file (sceneload)" error message comes up after loading course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users