#481 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

Double breaker severe uphill putt. I'll aim for the fringe on the left in line with the end of the putter grip. Once it gets over the ridge it's downhill. ;)

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#482 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

read2.jpg

#483 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Hm... sounds like a decent line for a lag, highfade. Teddy suggests something similar, I see. But go too far left and the massive right to left break on the first stage of the putt would send your putt careening into the fringe and rolling back down the slope.

reader2C_zpsdad56eac.jpg

I switched on the lightmap resolution in Unity, which gave me these very handy square tiles. Heck, I like them better than all the standard white-green-red grids with sliding dots we got to see in all TW games and currently in TGC. Note how the green falls away to the left on the 1st five yards or so. If you don't compensate for that, your putt will be in trouble. My line would be about a flagstick length to the left of the flag. 

Here's the return view:

reader2D_zps859cdd2d.jpg

Yeah. one of these putts that feel so good when you get your ball close. Pace is more important than line, because if you don't give your ball the right weight, you're basically screwed.

Thank you both for playing.

Postscript: Of course, the flag would be out of the hole whilst putting. In PG pre-alpha, you get a button allowing you to put the flag back in the hole for long putts like this one. This is very helpful for  selecting the aiming line and also very realistic, since that is done in the real game as well.

I do not know, at this stage, if forgetting to take it away before putting and subsequently hitting it with your ball would lead to a penalty. It should.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#484 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

K11 - you'll have some people bemoaning unplayable pins!

Really keen on removing grids or other aids if the views can replace....and trees casting shadows making it more difficult. Brilliant.

When you talk about a pre-game alpha, are you referring to the version we all got to try with the launcher?

#485 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

Moaners can go and play miniature golf. That said, this was a quick job and on the same green I could think of a dozen easier placements where the contours could be used to actually funnel the ball towards the hole. I suppose that would make some other people start moaning about arcade golf. They too, can go play miniature golf.

No, I'm not referring to the launcher version. That was so 2013...  I'm not teasing you maliciously by being vague. That's all there is to be said for the time being. You have my word that as soon there is something to add, I will personally see to it that it will be.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#486 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

It seems Andrew has been busy and PP have struck up another deal (more details are set to follow apparently).......

Recent image posted on FB of another course for the roster:-

Bo7uN6zIEAALICn.jpg

Felt appropriate for the 'Show and Tell' thread. 

#487 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Moaners can go and play miniature golf. That said, this was a quick job and on the same green I could think of a dozen easier placements where the contours could be used to actually funnel the ball towards the hole. I suppose that would make some other people start moaning about arcade golf. They too, can go play miniature golf.

No, I'm not referring to the launcher version. That was so 2013...  I'm not teasing you maliciously by being vague. That's all there is to be said for the time being. You have my word that as soon there is something to add, I will personally see to it that it will be.

I think both the original view and the checkered one give great optimism for being able to read the greens. Not sure if that is due to your CF skills, CF itself, or your skills? That doesn't matter.....although I'd love to play your course IRL!!!

Good news that there appears to be some other alpha out there too. Again more optimism that something will come our way at some point.

#488 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

Just got back from The Memorial..... Cant tell you why but it was a great weekend and nothing to do with TV.....

• Davefevs likes this

#489 HalkeFralg

HalkeFralg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Just got back from The Memorial..... Cant tell you why but it was a great weekend and nothing to do with TV.....

Can we guess? A partnership with Jack Nicklaus design?

#490 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Oh please no, not the Golden Bear of Overbearing Overdesign...!

Let's rather hope Andrew meant by that he met a nice girl...  :rolleyes: 

On second thought, let's hope he didn't. We can't use any distractions from the cause!

• Davefevs likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#491 natpick

natpick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

very nice indeed,cant wait to get stuck in myself.

#492 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

Something was signed and agreed as it was posted on the FB page, but didn't go in to detail as to what.

;)

#493 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Intriguing, DAZ... But as I decided to not "do" Facebook or Twitter, I can wait for whatever this might mean.

Meantime, back at the test lab for advanced agronomy - and returning to the true, Show & Tell nature of this thread - here are two self-explanatory images which may be considered a portent of events to transpire in a not-too-distant future...

pgstart2_zps3a6f23f9.jpg

WHMaiden1_zpsa9ffcbce.jpg

The watched pot is slowly starting to boil.... 

• nstone73 likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#494 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

Not quite as excited as WC2014, but this almost caused a little bit of moisture!

#495 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

I need to put it on the stove..... ;)

Ken

#496 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

668mb...?? Curious ?

#497 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

For K11 (who doesn't do Facebook):

Willow Heath 1

Willow Heath 2

#498 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

Yes, they are great additions and really nice to know the guys are playing the results from K11's conversion. The ball rolling back really gives a sense of backspin... which, isn't actually in the game yet, but the greens are certainly a test of nerve!

Not wanting to change the subject, but having planned a little update.. the weather has recently seen an increase in alot of rivers within the UK... and following on from a previous post displaying the same hole... I had this image available ;

294gewy.jpg

It's also seen a change in the fairway fringe colouring, but I'm not 100% sure it's right just yet.. slowly and surely though, the planting is coming along and with all that water - hard to control lol..

24xqk42.jpg

The view to the 3rd green from just in front of the above river/dyke passing through the course. The churche is another addition, but should have the historical value of having been there many moons before someone thought about manicuring the grounds around it...

• shimonko likes this

#499 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for the links shimonko. I still don't do Facebook, but apparently Facebook does me.

Well, well.... I sure recognize the place but I didn't quite get the audio. The off-voice said "done by our very own K11" or "done by a very young K11" - either way that would be a wrong statement. But nice swing rhythm, AJ.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#500 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

American accents - I saw the Capote movie in Baltimore once and left halfway through to download it with subtitles.

It was 'own'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users