116 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

This release is a mixture of lots of bug fixes and some new features and plenty of improvements.  Our focus has been to improve game play.  The biggest change will be to the ball roll physics which we have changed to allow for a much larger variety of shots to be hit.  We wanted the low long shot to roll out more and we wanted low hit chip shots to roll out more.  Ultimately we want to get to that bounce bounce grab small release chip shot and will continue to fine tune the physics but this major change will effect how far your balls roll out and will especially affect your chipping distances.  We have changed the chipping distance below the swing meter to act as a guide.  We also wanted to force a full swing to hit a lob shot, a lob chip is not really a real shot so we reduced the amount you can open up the clubface of the wedges when chipping

New Features

• New course released Florida Glades
  • Addition of the Alternate Shot Mops
  • Added in to Game options Dynamic Cam Option to the Playing Companion Camera so you can now see the ball land when this camera is on
  • Added in to Game Options a slider to set a timeout for auto closure of the Post Shot Screen.  You can still keep it as manual or you can have it off or a delay in between.
  • Added an additional audio setting to Audio Options to allow players to set the background course sounds independent of the club and ball impact sounds
  • Added to Game Options a Green Grid Width Slider to allow you to adjust between 1M and 2M in width depending on your system

Improvements

• Some performance improvements some of which are dynamic to reduce low FPS on certain parts of the courses with high draw count
  • Changes to the BLI color and width
  • Removed the mouse cursor while the BLI is being moved around to facilitate viewing
  • Improvements to cup physics and reduced the lip out forces a little
  • Major upgrade to ground physics allowing for better roll out of the ball when chipping.  You can now effectively play bump and run chip shots.  This is a majot change and will mean everyone will have to relearn how to chip the ball.  However it has enabled a whole new range of shots to be hit.  To accomodate the extra roll we reduced the power of the chip swing overall and have replaced all the yardages for chip swings below the meter
  • Added in a randomization to the lie in the outer rough areas.  Now you can get a little flyer or a tough lie if going into the deep rough. What you get is below the swing meter
  • Minor network improvements
  • Improvements to Backspin Physics providing a greater range of backspin results based on actual spin left on ball
  • Improvements to Wind which mean the ball moves around a little more on lower wind speeds and when hitting into the wind the extra effective ball speed causes side spin to have more effect the same with lift
  • Minor changes to the swing meter speed in chip mode and max power of the chip swing to accomodate new physics
  • Made changes to the was antialiasing affects our rough textures to provide to a less blurry rough and outer terrain

Bug Fixes

• Renamed Points to 3 Person Points to make it clear you need 3 people
  • Fixed a multitude of scoring and game play bugs too numerous to mention individually but includes fixes to scorecard, scoring and playoffs
  • Fixed Results screen not showing on clients. Note the results screen will only appear when the host closes the scorecard and will disappear when the host closes the results screen causing the game to end.
  • Fixed the shot center getting reset when the player re aimed his shot
  • Fixed some errors with Real Time Weather stations not loading correctly
  • Fixed resolution reset on pushing an update
  • Added a sort to mop load to ensure everyone sees mops in same order irrespective of file system differences
  • Fixed need to sometimes have to click Quit twice to end the game
  • Fixed an overlapping blocker on the Practice Tab
  • Fixed Anti Aliasing not working when other effects turned off
  • Fixed Bunker Physics
  • Fixed bug in punch shot center mode that incorrectly reduced the impact
  • Fixed an error when hitting lob shots with 52 Wedge
  • Fixed Pin not showing on Par 3 occasionally
  • Fixed some UI elements not saving on exit
  • Fixed ordering of players on tee for some Mops
  • Fixed a sound issue with ball in rough

Known Issues

There are a couple of items we did not resolve but wanted to get the release out

• Occasionally in Alt Shot modes the next up player in the post shot screen is shown incorrectly
  • Occasionally a ball will get left on the screen during alt shot 
  • Resume in alt shot results in each team losing a shot and being placed back where they were before the last shot with the order changed

• spy88 likes this

#2 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

Wow to have that much in an update in that amount of time is some great work. Can't play again till I get home from trip tomorrow night but can't wait. Thanks to all on your team for all the hard work you are doing. As for learning how to chip all over again it should be no problem fo me as I still haven't learned the old way yet. Lol. Again great job.

#3 nick--

nick--

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

Great stuff!

I love Saw.......Florida Glades!

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

So when is the next update?

Just kidding of course, don't you guys sleep?

That is an incredible amount of fixes and improvements 

for such a short time. Thanks for the continuing strive for excellence.

Now go enjoy the weekend, you deserve it.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

Great work with the new course but what is all that noise?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#6 okko

okko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

With Gimme, Mulligan and replay buttons all tied to the post shot screen, there really isn't a happy medium for choosing off, manual or a timed closure. 

As picky as I am, I want to not have to manually hit the continue for this, but I always want the options of the gimme, mulligan and shot replay.  Not sure how to address this accept maybe utilize the right mouse button as Links does for a mulligan.  I don't always set gimmes when I set up a round, I sometimes just like to use it as I want instead of being predetermined.

I realize that this is getting away from the realities of golf, my bad I understand, but shouldn't the replay button at least be detached from this and added as a separate button somewhere on screen?

#7 jimvilla

jimvilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

I'm brand new to Perfect Parallel and have no idea how to get or download the updates or new courses.

Can someone please help.

#8 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

I'm brand new to Perfect Parallel and have no idea how to get or download the updates or new courses.
Can someone please help.

The update is auto from Steam so when you log on to steam it will auto update.

#9 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

Fantastic update. The new course is fantastic, chipping is much better, spin looks better. Congrats on a great update. Love the detail on the new course. Only thing I noticed was avatar sinks into ground a little in spots and ball still does that odd rotation backwards on putting at the end of roll out. Cup physics looked great though a few puts instead of dropping in on last rotation, 280'd around the cup. They did not have enough momentum for that and should have just dropped. But huge move in the right direction.  

Just a solid update and a great glimpse at the future. Can't wait for "stats" to be implemented to be able to compare rounds and progression on your character. 

#10 Ricky Proffer

Ricky Proffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTyler, Texas

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

Great update!  One question though.  I like the new chipping but when the ball hits the green for the first time after hitting the chip, it seems to be "sucked in to the ground" like a magnet.  It seems like the should at least be a small second bounce IMO. It is like it is on rails once it hits the ground.  Can an expert tell me if I am completely off base here?

• nick-- likes this

ASUS  G571JY Gaming Laptop

i7-4720HQ 2.59 GHz

GeForce GTX 980M

16 GB RAM

WIndows 10 64 bit

#11 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

great update i see a lot of gameplay changes on this one and to me all look for the better. the new course looks and plays great

not much new since we have all played it many times before, still a great addition.

i just can;t wait for you designing folks to get your hands on CF and kick us out a bunch of great courses.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#12 Jimmy

Jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUK, Cheshire

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

yeah the update and new course is amazing but the background noise on the new course is kinda strange and annoying.

superb work tho PP

#13 Jimmy

Jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUK, Cheshire

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:34 PM

Just to add i am struggling a little on fps on the new course. Is this to be expected. Not really an issue for me because im upgrading my pc later this year with a bit of luck. Just thought i would let you know.

#14 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Any idea why the trees are purple on the new course?

#15 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

Not on mine. What type of graphics card do you have?

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#16 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

A chorus of small frogs/various insects and birds that are found in marsh/swamp/wetlands areas - such as where this course actually exists.  

• Ricky Proffer likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#17 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

Not on mine. What type of graphics card do you have?

i have nvidia geforce gtx 770, got it working ok now but don't ask me how and what i did. i had loveley purple trees (only on the new course)

#18 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

A chorus of small frogs/various insects and birds that are found in marsh/swamp/wetlands areas - such as where this course actually exists.

Birds song is lovely, frogs and various insects noise I can do without. I guess I'll have to play with the ambient sounds turned off.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#19 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

i have nvidia geforce gtx 770, got it working ok now but don't ask me how and what i did. i had loveley purple trees (only on the new course)

In the coding world they refer to this as an "isolated event".   B)

• stopits here likes this

#20 SeventyFour

SeventyFour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

Once again it cements what I told my friends 4 years ago, "I trust these guys (Andrew, Mike, Mick, and staff) SO much, it'll be worth the wait"

And it is.............

Perfect Golf Beta Team Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users