Photo

How to play Offline and access all courses.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:35 AM

You can play offline by going to the Community page and clicking Steam on the upper left, then choose "Go Offline". Steam will restart.  After it does go to JNPG (I use my icon in the System Tray) and click it. When the game opens choose to play Solo.  You'll have access to all the courses but you are not logged into Steam to be able to play any tournaments or Multiplayer rounds.

1. Steam Community

2. Steam Link upper left

3. Choose Go Offline

4. Steam will restart

5. Launch JNPG

6 Choose Solo play

7. You'll see all the courses in the Carousel

Steam on top left side of Community page.

47820191162_1560802846_o.jpg

Here's how I have customized Steam in my System Tray.

47083109434_ea75e64787_o.jpg

• Joe Habiger, Tresclub and DPRoberts like this

#2 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:46 AM

Does it improve frame rates any?

#3 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:02 AM

Does it improve frame rates any?

You would just have to try a course you are familiar with and watch the fps during a few holes. Playing solo "offline" takes the Internet connection out of the equation.

#4 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:14 AM

Playing solo "offline" takes the Internet connection out of the equation.

I thought this might be the source of some of the micro- stutters on certain holes.  I'll try this out.  Good stuff!

• Abe likes this

#5 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

Addendum:

To see all your courses you still need to be connected to the Internet. Also, if perfectparallel.com or Steam are down, you will be limited to the default courses.

I tried this by disconnecting from the Internet to simulate an outage at PP or Steam. I could only see the default courses in the Carousel.

I saw Karen and Kissing Tree.  Are those in the default courses or are they P2P courses?  If so, then all your P2P/DLC courses might show-up as well. Reminder: I disconnected from the Internet and launched Steam, clicked Community then clicked Steam upper left and chose Go Offline.  Nice to know that works but would be nice to hear from others who have tried this too.

Please tell us your experience, anyone.

#6 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:21 PM

Karen and Kissing Tree are free courses provided by PP with the game.  The courses you purchase and the ones you download do not show up if you are not connected to the internet (or if the PP server is down).  

I don't know the purpose of going offline in Steam.  Is it just that you don't get notifications that your fiends are online and you don't get messages from them?

#7 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

Karen and Kissing Tree are free courses provided by PP with the game.  The courses you purchase and the ones you download do not show up if you are not connected to the internet (or if the PP server is down).  

I don't know the purpose of going offline in Steam.  Is it just that you don't get notifications that your fiends are online and you don't get messages from them?

Personally, I don't play Offline other than this experiment of late.  However, a couple of friends and a client wanted to know if they could continue to play this game (literally) Offline should this site no longer support JNPG.

I did due diligence to know for myself before giving them an answer. Once they disconnect from the Internet and found they could at least play the default courses Offline/Solo they are prepared for the worst case scenario.

Having said that, and doing the experimenting, I thought my findings would be helpful for other players who would like to play Offline/Solo for whatever reason.

I think many players thought there was no hope to be able to play the game if they were not connected to the Internet. Now they know they can play but will not be able to access all their courses.

Thanks for your input about the two courses, Armand.

#8 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:18 PM

I didn't address that part of your comment completely. I would think if someone has an outage in their area or are traveling somewhere and cannot get an Internet connection, this option gives them an opportunity to play some courses and practice until they can get connected to the Internet.  That's my best guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users